Monday, November 12, 2007

my first drink post

lately, I have been obsessed with tea. It's so clean in flavor and texture. Anyway, the tea I would most suggest is Tazo Zen green tea. Yummy mixture of green tea, lemongrass, spearmint and I add honey to sweeten it. Steep however long you want, depending on your preference for flavor. I usually put the tea bag in and accidentally forget about it for 10-15 minutes. tastes pretty good still.

there are multiple benefits to drinking green tea, none of which I will take the time to list here. Do your own research if you so desire. But one thing i have noticed is that it provides a good amount of caffeine for late night studying but not too much that I stay up all night cursing the tea leafs.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Tea is great! Green Tea would be my favorite; and I have to agree with you about Tazo. I prefer the loose-leaf. Obviously, the anti-oxidant benefits are wonderful, but tea also has about 1/3 less the caffeine of coffee.

Caffeine is an excellent substance, because it stimulates the body; but there are other chemicals in tea that stimulate the mind, and help to balance out the caffeine high.

I highly recommended tea for studying. Mix in a little classical music, and you'll be studying like champ. Cool post.

kristen said...

hey thanks for the comment, casey! I didn't realize tea has about 1/3 less caffeine than coffee (but that would explain a lot). And I'd agree with you on the loose-leaf deal. It really is the better way to go.