It's been awhile, so I'll start off with an easy one. This is something I lived off while road tripping around and about Northern California a few weeks ago.
Ingredients:
..4-ish hearty slices of cucumber (the varietal of your choice)
..some cheese (again, whatever you prefer, but I suggest either medium cheddar or colby jack)
...ranch dressing
...hearty whole grain bread (a loaf with a bit of hazelnut in it wouldn't be too bad)
Place the slices of cucumber and cheese on the untoasted bread, lightly slathered in ranch dressing. Cut sandwich in half and enjoy.
Alternative: If you like craisins as much as i do, try this. Instead of ranch, use cream cheese (go pretty light on this, otherwise you'll get cheese OVERLOAD), and toss on an abundance of craisins, and you have yourself some yummy goodness.
2 comments:
yes! the cheese and cuke goodness has made its way onto a cooking blog!
another great variation:
cream cheese, like you said, no regular cheese, add fresh basil. goodness on a stick... or bread. whatever.
these sandwhiches will always hold a special place in my heart.
Post a Comment