Monday, August 6, 2007

fred meyer.

fred meyer will be the death of me. I went there today after work to purchase one bottle of Ginger spice. But I ended up with a basketfull of organic food, bread, and a bottle of Cumin spice. Looking back it was a productive visit.

Anyway, I am very excited about my new spices. 1. The ginger will soon be used to make Ginger lemon chicken over top basil whole wheat cous cous. yum. 2. The cumin is not something i've ever cooked with. I am very excited to see what it offers.

Obviously, I love spices. I say, the more spices, the better. Seriously. Don't be shy with your spices. I have a great recipe for angelhair chicken tomato pasta stuff that nikki and i created one night due to a raiding of the spice rack.

I hide the fact that I don't have much cooking knowledge by not really caring and just winging it with my meals. I encourage this kind of cooking. Be a free bird cook, cook free birds, eat free birds.

3 comments:

becky said...

i appreciate your spice frugality. i eagerly await trying your chicken this evening. :)

Marianne said...

i always think of fred myer being the death of you. as i'm sure you've heard me say it :) and no, i won't stop.

Thomas said...

Fred Meyer doesn't have the best DVD selection ever!

That's all I'm saying!