Well, I have quite a few recipes waiting to be posted, but just haven't had the motivation to get them on here yet. But I will tell you about my experience at the farmer's market.
Just a few blocks down from my house, there is a summer farmer's market on Thursday afternoon, and I have been meaning to go ALL summer, but always forget. Well I was walking by it on my way home from the bus and thought it was a good a as ever to stop on through. It's pretty small in comparison to some of the other farmer's markets around the city, but was not lacking in produce booths. Over half of the market was produce (which makes sense, i guess) and I had a hard time figuring out where to buy and what to pick out. I went home with a small bag of spinach (with leaves the size of my head...which is also part of a salad recipe), a large zucchini (also a great recipe to come) and a sample size jar of some home-made strawberry rhubarb jam (not part of a recipe, really, but I did have it tonight with some toast and it was pretty scrumptious and low in sugar which is always nice).
The Queen Anne market only lasts until the end of September but I was talking to the produce guy who told me that Ballard and U-District have excellent farmer's markets all year round. Score.
1 comment:
that sounds like fun!
michelle and i discovered a farmers market here. its on saturdays so i think we're gonna go this weekend. :)
Post a Comment